Got to day 50. What I’ve learned so far:
- Bacon is an indulgence I can thankfully digest and feels like a treat on par with my favorite chocolates. Sad, but it’s something.
- I get caught up in blogger’s excitement of how good they are doing but I seem to be different overall than others are. Many of the ‘sure things’ don’t work for me and THAT IS OKAY. I really have trouble feeling that is okay but when I step back in a less invested way, seriously, it is what it is. I will get better. I am getting better. I’m just not going to get better ‘like you’. But then my problems are my body’s problems and again, that is okay.
- I am getting better on these antibiotics. How long can I stay on these?
- I’m still not sure this is the diet for me (due to the fat/hunger issues) but I’m improving – skin, digestion, etc. – so for now, I’m sticking with it as best I can. It’s a mental battle more than anything else.
- I’m getting really fast at cooking. In 2 hours last night, I roasted carrots and butternut (trying it again in small amounts), cooked 1/2 lb. of bacon, made 4 burgers, 3 pork chops, 2 chicken breasts (grilled them all) AND made and ate dinner which was grilled shrimp and a side of greens. And did most of the dishes. Whew.
- I am still eating too many chips. I blame anger. This diet is bringing out all my anger and resentment about having to be on a diet and how. It’s pretty extraordinary how pissed off I am. The gut-brain connection? Well, apparently my brain is as angry as my gut is. Wow. Don’t even talk to me about it.
- The much beloved by bloggers Prescript-Assist Probiotics (containing pre-biotics) make me worse. I dropped them a week ago, relying only on the non-dairy Megadophilus (lactobacillus) and noticed a symptom improvement almost immediately. People on blogs about SIBO are pushing those pre/probiotics as GOLD but I did more research on medical type websites which state flat out that prebiotics can exacerbate SIBO symptoms. Frustrating. I’ll try them again when I’m fully better or gift them to someone else.
Follow up with GI doctor later today. More soon.